Project Manager, Vaccines and BioDefense Business Segment
Reports To: Chief Scientific Officer, CSO
Location: Princeton, NJ
This position is responsible for providing full scope of project leadership in support of the Company's growing Vaccines and BioDefense business unit. Project Manager will support the Company's CSO in development and successful completion of projects according to rigorous scientific and regulatory standards within agreed upon timelines and budgets. This position is responsible for overseeing the activities of both internal staff and external contractors/sub-recipients supporting the Company's initiatives. Experience in vaccine development and knowledge of federal and state grant funding activities is required. These activities include identification of grant funding opportunities, applications, periodic reporting and overall grant administration. Other functions within the Project Manger's scope of responsibility include:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the project management activities of internal and external resources for the accurate and timely creation and dissemination of project milestones
- Develop Project Plans and timelines, manage and track installation tasks and milestones
- Co-ordinate and participate in the completion of pre-clinical studies, and subsequent assistance with the submission of a successful Investigational New Drug (IND) applications to FDA.
- Co-ordinate and participate in the completion of follow up requests, including compilation and submission to regulatory authorities.
- Identify problems and coordinate tasks necessary to solve them
- Author grant applications and reports as required
- Manage the generation of all necessary reports and tracking systems
- Coordinate the efforts of all key functional departments to perform all project / grant related activities according to established milestones
- Manage the project budget and specifications to ensure project goals are achieved according to the project plan and management expectations
- Some travel required
Educational Requirements (degree, license, certification):
- Project Management Experience
- PhD in scientific discipline, ideally in the field of vaccines
Years Of Experience:
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years of vaccine development experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing process and systems a strong plus.
- Experience in Federal Grant funding activities.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions Of Position:
Other Skills And Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive timelines
- Experience and demonstrated ability to manage at a high level of productivity with minimal infrastructure
- Experience in budget planning, management and reconciliation
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project
- Experience in outsourcing management and oversight
- Ability to function well in a cohesive management team environment, with strong goal and results orientation
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Please provide resume and references via e-mail to email@example.com. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. No phone calls, please.